Thursday, September 3, 2015

To Every Thing There is a Season

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak…" Ecclesiastes 3:1-7 
.


This blog has been silent for a year, but I've decided it's time I started writing again…

I had been silent on purpose, because I realized through my last posts that my heart was in mourning. I had grown bitter due to circumstances outside of my control, and I didn't want my anger and grief spoiling my writing, not only hurting myself, but also my audience. 

Sometimes it's better to be quiet. 

Sometimes it's better to let God do the healing in private, than through a very public blog such as this. 

.

So this last year, I've been healing. I've been letting God soften my heart again, and I've been reconnecting. 

Andrew resigned his position as Senior Pastor, and we left our old church, and made ourselves at home in a new church family, serving as the Youth Director (& wife). We've poured into relationships there, let love welcome us, let laughter heal us, and let children spark our love for ministry again.

We had been so hurt, and so broken, but God restored us. He is always faithful! 

We have let this year wash over us, cleansing us, and energizing us for what's ahead. And what's ahead? Only God knows at this point. But with certainty I can say that we'll be ready. 

I know that because I know Who God is. 

I know that in every circumstance He is good. I know that in every season of life, He is present. I know that He is in the business of redemption, forgiveness, and healing. I know that He hears me when I pray, and I know that He answers my prayers. I know He is active, moving, and alive. I know He has a plan for us, and I know that He is fervently working it out for our benefit. I know that He cares for us, and will give us the wisdom we need when we need it. I know that even though pain may come again, He will give us strength for each new day. I know my God is in control, and He won't let us fall. And when I know that, deep into my heart, there's nothing left to fear, and no more room for doubt. 

I may not know what lies ahead, but I know Who my God is, and that makes it OK. 

.

So here's to new seasons. Here's to letting God move, and having the faith to step forward. Here's to courage in those dark days when we wait for His leading, and here's to love, which covers it all. 

He makes everything beautiful in it's time, and every time- beautiful. 

.


1 comment: