Sunday, July 3, 2016

Welcome to our World


Sweet Maggie,


Meeting you was like a sweet balm for my heart. The nurses laid you against my face, and all I could do was cry, so overcome with love for you, and completely amazed that you were finally here, finally part of our world.

There were times during my pregnancy with you, that I just didn’t know if we’d make it. I had contractions early on, when we lost your Grandma, and I got so worried. My heart was broken, and I didn’t know if my body had enough strength to carry you, but the thought of anything else completely ripped me apart. I needed you, Maggie, I needed you then, and I need you now, you are my heart’s hope.

You are God’s promise to me that life keep’s going after loss. You are my heart’s redemption, my renewal, my reason to be. God has revealed His goodness again, in bringing you to us. He’s breathed in new life, restored our joy, and increased our faith. In giving you to us, He has restored my hope: hope to keep going, to keep fighting the good fight, to keep believing in good things, and to keep trusting my Heavenly Father, even when things appear bad.

God’s still answering prayer, because you are here. You are proof. So many people prayed for us, prayed for you, prayed for your safe arrival, and now you’re here, and you’re perfect, and healthy, and ours.

Your sweetness brings me so much comfort and peace, and I am so thankful for you, and the gift that you are. You must always know what a complete treasure you are, and know how very much you are loved. You fit perfectly into our family, rounding us out, and giving us a sense of wholeness. You belong here, as if you’ve always been.

This first week with you has been a joy, and I thank God for you, and for the life He has planned for our family. He will continue to do great things, Maggie. He will continue to use you for His glory, and He will work out His good plan in your life.

Always know, that no matter what comes, our God is still good, and worthy of our praise. You are loved, and you are purposed, and you are safe in the arms of Jesus. You have only just begun this great journey of life, but knowing these things is all you will need. You are so precious to us, and to our LORD, and I can’t wait to watch you grow and see all the thing you will do.

Welcome to our world, Maggie. We’re so glad you’re here.


All my love,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment