Friday, April 4, 2014

God's Perfect Design

"...I am fearfully and wonderfully made…"
- Psalm 139:14

.

Andrew and I signed up for a program called the "21 Day Fix." I should have known from the promise that this program would jump start our bodies into lean mean fighting machines, that this would be the hardest 21 days of my life. The workouts are tough, and are pushing me harder than I've ever been pushed. But in 10 days, I've lost over 7 lbs, and 8 inches. It's really working. But the most amazing part to me, is that every day I push my body to do something very new, something definitely out of the norm, and every day when I feel like my body will give out, somehow it recovers and comes through for me. I'm learning to appreciate my body, realizing how amazing God truly made us. 

.

I think about God forming me, all of my muscles and bones. All of my tendons and ligaments. He aligned my skeleton perfectly in place, not forgetting or overlooking one thing. He knew exactly what I would need, and created our bodies to work like little machines, with so many things going on at once. 

Our trainer on the DVD is always telling us: "You can do anything for 60 seconds!"…and after I'm done yelling at her, I realize, I really can do this, because God made my body to work this way! It's amazing.

.

Time and time again I'm overwhelmed by God's amazing design. The way He created nature, so beautiful and breathtaking. The way He created animals, so cute and fun to interact with. But God's creation of human life far outshines the rest of His creation, because we are made in HIS image, and we reflect His wonder and magnificence, simply by breathing. 

God designed our bodies so perfectly, and I'm thankful to be learning this in a new way. Through this exercise program, I've been able to see God's amazing design, and grow an appreciation that I never had before. 


Many of us struggle through life, resenting our bodies, hating our bodies, beating our bodies up. But they are a gift from our Creator, perfectly suited and crafted. I'm learning to be thankful for that, and thankful to my God for His design. 




No comments:

Post a Comment