Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Resting in The I Am

"Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; 
wait I say, for the LORD!"
- Psalm 27:14

.

Perhaps one of the hardest things to do in our Christian walk, is wait for The LORD. Sometimes God requires that we pray for years before He answers, and other times we may not receive an answer until we get to Glory. It's hard to understand why God makes His children wait, why He allows suffering to continue, but the truth is that sometimes, it's just what He thinks is best, and we have to trust in His plan. 

.

I hear you out there saying: "Trust? When our world is caving in, and we're crying out for help, and we hear nothing?" or: "Trust? When I've been broken for years, agonizing over a hurt in my life that God won't take away? How do I trust Him then?"

I hear you. I've been there, and I've learned the solution. 

.

In order to get to a place of faith and peace that allows you to trust while God is being silent, we need to know Who God is, and Whom we are putting our faith in. God needs to be real to us, His promises need to mean something, or else we have nothing to hold onto. 

This is the problem for the lost man without Christ in his heart, he has nothing to hold onto. But this should not be the case for us! We are saved! We have The Living God within our hearts! 

Sadly, though, this is the case for many spiritually immature Christians as well. Because they have never sat at the feet of Jesus and learned of Him, they have never worked to deepen their relationship with Christ, and so they know little of Him, and His words aren't written on their heart to be their rock when trouble comes. 

Today's verse tells us to wait on our LORD, to be strong in our God, to let our heart be strengthened, but you can only do that when you're willing to trust, and believe that God is Who He says He is. 

.

"I am the Lord who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

“I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger.” - John 6:35

“I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life.” - John 8:12   

“I am the gate; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” - John 10:9

 “I am the Good Shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for His sheep.” - John 10:11

“I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies.” - John 11:25

“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.” - John 14:6

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.” - John 15:1  

.

"I Am"

This isn't a person speaking about God, this isn't a follower of Christ telling us something they heard first hand, this is God Himself speaking, declaring: "I AM!" 

I Am The God who loves you. 
I Am The God who created you.
I Am The God who hears your cries.
I Am The God who heals you.
I Am The God who gives you life.
I Am The God who saves you.
I Am The God who sustains you.
I Am The God who comforts you.
I Am The God who gives you peace. 
I Am The God who guides you.

I Am the I Am, I have always been, and I always will be. 

These are promises that flow from our God, The I Am, Who is capable, and worthy of our trust and praise. 

Even while we are hurting. 

Even while we are waiting. 

.

Once we accept God for Who He says He is, and claim these promises as our own, we are able to wait for Him to work. We are able to continue living, while we wait for God to answer. We are able to continue being faithful to God, knowing that He has not left us, and will not leave us in our current state. 

These promises become life for us, giving us hope, giving us strength, giving us courage to face anything, WHEN we believe God is Who He says He is. 

.

Rest in God's promises tonight. 

Know that He is trustworthy and true, and even while you're waiting, know that He is your I Am, working on your behalf, and bringing about the solution. 







1 comment: